Vista, Ca 92083
There is a Mandatory 3-Day Hold that The State of California requires all recyclers to place a 3-day hold on all non-ferrous materials. Customers who recycle five or more times consecutively in a three month period may avoid this hold. Also, any transactions that is less than $20 total, may be exempt from the hold.
You will need:
- Valid ID
- 18 years of age or older
- License Plate Number (State law requires this on all non-ferous material)
- A thumb print and signature
How to be Exempt from the 3-Day Hold:
- Bring in a current business license with YOUR NAME listed on the actual license
- Bring in a current contractors license with YOUR NAME listed on the card
- Recycle at this location 5 or more times consecutively in a 3 month period
All of the above information is sent to the Vista Sheriff's Department.
You can also click on the below link for the full law which lists all current regulations that involve scrap recycling.